PegaSync Alarm Inc, a Michigan security systems company and a leading outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is currently searching a motivated and career-minded individual to join our team as a Senior Network Engineer at our Northville office in South Eastern Michigan.
As the Senior Network Engineer, your primary responsibility is to maintain and monitor the overall health and performance of our corporate network infrastructure as well as the systems that reside on such network. As such, your role will be to assist Pegasync employees with IT related issues, assist Pegasync Alarm’s IT department with departmental tasks, further develop procedural documentation and analyze current system configurations for best practices and adjust accordingly
Specific Duties :
- Maintain, install, configure and evaluate complex network communications, including LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Routing and Switching Hardware and Software
- Maximize network performance by monitoring network statistics; troubleshoot network problems and outages; schedule upgrades; perform base lining and capacity planning; perform network optimization
- Assist in the design and implementation of modifications to our existing Cisco network infrastructure
- Analyze existing documentation for accuracy and provide revised, as well as additional, documentation on network configurations, network security protocols and daily/weekly/monthly network tasks
- Troubleshoot IT-related issues using best practices, standard troubleshooting techniques, internet tools and external resources
- Recommend modifications to IT Support procedures in order to enhance the service provided by the department.
- Serve as an escalation on-call contact on a 24x7 basis
- Function as a senior-level contact for all IT Help Desk issues received via Pegasync Alarm's ServiceTicket System
Required Skillset :
- Proficient knowledge of networking including LAN/WAN, and Cisco Nexus/Catalyst Switching environments and security protocols
- Proficient knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, Traps endpoint software and Auto focus
- Ability to install computer cabling as well as terminating cable connectors
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast- paced work environment
- Adjust to departmental staffing issues and coordinate workloads with other IT team members
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested
- Proficiency with MicroSoft Visio
- Minimum four (4) year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline required, and/or equivalent military service
- Minimum four (4) years in LAN and WAN technologies
- Minimum of two (2) years experience configuring and maintaining Cisco Switches and Routers
- Demonstrated expertise in several key technology areas, and a strong foundation in all networking technology infrastructures and systems (switching, routing, protocols, firewalls, VPN's, WAN architectures, Wireless and Management Systems, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches
- Proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to operate a company vehicle
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- CCNA- Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- SIA Certification
PegaSync Alarm exists to provide the residents and businesses of Southern Michigan with peace of mind about the security and safety of their homes and businesses.
We provide this peace of mind primarily through providing security systems that employ the best technology for the customer’s specific needs that are installed and serviced by friendly and highly qualified professionals that are focused on meeting the needs the people we serve.
We are a local closely knit company that believes that by investing deeply into the lives of our employees and into the communities we serve we can help to provide a better quality of life for the people of Michigan.
At PegaSync, we understand Quality is very vital to the success of our business. We are dedicated to the success of our employees. We employ people of exceptional creativity, expertise, and determination who work closely with one another and with our clients. We are committed to maintain, at all times, the highest standards of behavior and professional integrity
We, at PegaSync, Look Forward to Protecting All That our clients and employees Value.